UCR Health Clinical & Administrative Program (CAP)
The UCR Health Clinical & Administrative Program is an internship for pre-health students looking for a combination of clinical and administrative experience. Ideal candidates are professional, reliable, punctual and have an interest in healthcare.
This is a non-paid internship, but includes professional development opportunities, clinical exposure, and hands-on administrative experience.
The application cycle for the 2022-2023 academic year is closed. The next application period will begin in spring quarter.
For questions, please email UCR-Health-CAP@medsch.ucr.edu. You may also visit our LinkedIn page and our Instagram page.
Director of Ambulatory Operations, UCR Health
Director: Syreze-Sky San Andres
Associate Director: Leo Chan
Clinical Lead: Myra Usmani
Administrative Lead: Alexander Hindeleh
Operations Lead: Kaitlyn Han
Promotions Lead: Mariam Bedrossian
Participants will with UCR Health staff in the following areas.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pain management
Women's Health Clinic
- Reproductive Endocrine & Infertility
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- General OB
- General GYN
- GYN Oncology
- Pain Management
Billing & Finance
- Reconcile surgeries
- Surgery operation reports
Compliance Advisory Services
- Compliance Advisory Services website
- Compliance blog and newsletter
- Digital website & newsletter
- Physician profiles & social media platforms
- COVID-19 drive through testing
- Flu vaccine & credentials
This sub-department is exclusive to active interns only. Interns can work in their assigned clinical/administrative department with medical education.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating orientations, and preparing reports to enhance medical students learning experience.
Standardized Patient Program
- Supply simulated patient care (SPC) rooms for medical students.
Student Success & Wellness
- Support event planning, sourcing & tracking incentive items, and create event flyers.
- Help engage high school and community college students in the health field.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Minimum of six (6) hours per week from June 2022 - June 2023
- Reliable transportation to the clinical & administrative offices
- Full-time UCR undergraduate student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in and learning about all aspects of healthcare
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Networking with healthcare professionals
- Clinical & patient exposure
- Professional growth & career development
- UCR SOM Pathway Affiliate Program
- Experience with EPIC electronic medical records
- Shadowing program with UCR Health
- Scanning referrals, patient information, & insurance verification
- Calling, scheduling, & registering patients
- Room turnovers
- Other duties as assigned
- Work under UC Path staff
- Create measurements for clinical projects & tableau reports
- Create workflows/protocols/ compliance work plans
- Pull face sheets reports for surgeries
- Scan paper batches and file
- Other duties as assigned